Monday, September 13, 2010

Left Heel ad nauseaum

This afternoon I took my heel to see my dermatologist.  She looked at it very carefully, said it ISN'T a fungus infection--so now I've got tons of creams with no where to use them.  There is definately something going on with the skin.  That's what I've been saying--each conversation with a medical person has ended "and it looks funny..."  The Physical therapist is the only one who's picked up on that.  So I got another shot in my heel today then went off to enjoy PT.  I'm a pretty good character spotter--I think my Physical Therapist is a kindred spirit and I really like her.  I may have been sent there to help her in some way.
After PT I rushed up to church for a meeting of the Ruthies.  The Ruth Circle (I think it was called a circle for the first few minutes of its life--then it became the Ruthies) used to be the young women of the church.  I'm about 10 years older than the oldest, but they let me in.  We are now the incipient Wise Women.  Tonight was our regular meeting night, but tonight we met to pray for the Bullis family, those who left us so suddenly and the ones who remain.  I've known Sue since she was about 13 and we played violin and flute duets.  I watched her grow up into an amazingly caring woman.  She was my Deacon when Lee was sick and she took that job seriously.  She mother henned us, made sure we had food when it was needed and companionship when it wasn't.  When I got the infection in my incision and had to have it cut open again to heel from the inside, Sue came up the house when the Visiting Nurses couldn't come and changed my dressings, packing the wound carefully, and acting as though I was doing her a favor.  Susie is part of the unique sounds in Anne and the Bethany Brawlers--we call her the Brawlette, in defference to her gender.
Thank you, God, for giving Sue an amazingly strong circle of women to help her through this dreadful time.  And the helping, for us, is a blessing, a Mitzvah.
Still sad.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Rosalynn said...

Hello m’dear,

What an adventure your heel has given you. I am agog to hear what your next diagnosis will be! You could write a screenplay—Anne’s Foot or Around the Heel in 80 Ways.

Thanks for giving us such a personal view of the fire. I thought you probably knew the Bullis family when I saw their church in one of the fire-related interviews on the tube.

Sue sounds wonderful. What a great family to have produced someone like her. My prayers are with her at this time and with all of you in your support.

LLLove,
RRR©Z