Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surgery morning

I woke up at 5--don't have to be at the hospital till 10.  Too bad I can't have a leisurely breakfast.  Last night, Elaine and I organized way too much stuff to take to the hospital--but heaven forbid I should be bored during my stay.  I have books, sudoku, knitting projects--finished my blanket last night so now I'm working on 220 inches of border.  I guess I can pack up the CPAP now, because it doesn't look like I'm going to go back to sleep. 
Everything will be fine.  I have wonderful people taking care of me and a small army praying for me.  I appreciate all of it.  Being sick, really sick, has increased my capacity for gratitude.  I can still be bitchy and judgmental--like the young woman at the San Bruno Bart station who was bending over, retrieving something out of a purse of backpack, and showing off miles of butt crack in the process.  I so wanted to go to her and suggest that maybe she didn't want to expose quite that much skin to the elements.  Maybe when I'm really old I will have to the nerve to say things like that.
I'll wash my hair, so that it has a fighting chance of looking good.  It will probably be a sweaty mess by the time I'm in my room.
Oh, cool, it is after six now--that much less time to wait.
xxooxx

No comments: