Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chemo 3.5



The big thing that happened in the last two weeks was Abby and Eric's wedding on June 11.  It was a lovely day and a beautiful ceremony.  Good friends, amazing music, surrounding love--all and all an honor to participate.
The wedding dress is my age, having been worn by Abby's Mother and Grandmother.  It has been a joy to watch this young woman grow up.

Other than this bright spot, my time has been filled with doctor appointments and knitting.  I have discovered sock yarn.  Sock yarn comes in amazing colors.  You can make socks, but you don't have to.  Here are two of the latest:

Fun to make, fun to wear.  I have several projects going on right now.  They keep me out of trouble.

Chemo 3.5 was not without drama, but I'd rather not dwell on it.  It's done and now I'm recovering.  I have felt worse, but I have also felt better.  Glenn has been on vacation this week, so I've been all by myself--probably a good thing.  I don't have to be charming.  The Giants remembered that they are part of my therapy and gave me a good game last night--what more could I ask for.  Today is a day game, so I'd best get to it.  They do require my presence to have a prayer of winning, after all.  And I get to knit while I'm rooting them on!  What could be more perfect.
xxooxx

No comments: