Monday, July 25, 2011

Chemo 3.DONE

Finished--with this round.  Platelets were 170 something, so I was good to go this afternoon.  I finished Rachel's socks this morning and tossed them to her when Mark brought Elaine over to keep me company at chemo.  I finished Elaine's pair at chemo.  She loves them.  On to the next few projects.
My appointment was at 2:30.  I usually just settle in.  This time, I waited till after the blood count to make sure I was good to go--then I got comfortable.  Elaine went on a lunch run.  I knit and let them infuse poison.
When we got home, I watched the rebroadcast of the Giants at the White House today and then a repeat of Willie Mays 80th birthday party.  And then the TV went out.  And the phone.  And the Internet.  Called tech support and yelled at them.  Have a tech coming out between 8 and noon tomorrow.  I'm not a technically happy person just now.  I'm really glad that I kept the air card for the laptop.  I've got a cell phone for emergencies, so I'm not totally in the stone age.  This is the second time in a month that the service has gone down.  No--not a happy girl at all just now.  Glad that the chemo's over--well, that the infusion is over.  The rest of it takes a month or so.
I think I'll knit some socks.
xxooxx

No comments: