Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chemo 5.2B

It has been a full day, but not as full as it could have been, thank you, St. Valentine.  I started the day with a trip downtown to see Mark, then a visit to Patelco's new digs, a stop at the market for cereal, milk, and juice--and a few other things--a quick bite of something for lunch, then off to CA Cancer Care with Glenn for my weekly poison.  My legs have been bothering me, so I called yesterday to have them looked at when I was there for chemo.  Naturally it couldn't all be done at the same time, so it just dragged out the appointment.  Cellulitis is back and I now have three weeks worth of antibiotics--with the admonition that if it doesn't get better I might get to visit the nice people at Peninsula Hospital for IV antibiotics.  Get better, I don't have time for a hospital visit till after the Ceili.
Got my chemo, which was at the correct speed this time, and a procrit shot, since my red count was under 10.  I got home to a voice mail message that the guys in the band were taking their wives out for Valentine's day, so we scratched practice.  Much as I love band practice, I'm so tired today that I said, "Yippee--have a collective wonderful time--see you all next week.
Somehow, Chemo 5.2A missed the blogosphere.  I had it with no bad side effects--red count was 10, so no procrit.  Spent the week knitting.  I picked up a sweater that I started last year.  It is very close to finished, but I ran out of yarn (yes, that is possible) so I had to order more.  Hope the dye lot isn't too far off, because I have no choice in the matter.  Now I'm excited about the possibility of finishing the sweater--for me!  I have another that I started last year--almost finished, ran out of yarn, yada, yada, yada--anyway, I'll finish that one after I finish the other one.  Then I will feel twice as accomplished.
That's my news.
xxooxx

No comments: