Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chemo 5.5.2 and Glenn's Birthday

I see it's another of those catch up blogs.  Just remember, if there's no blog, it probably means I haven't done much.  I'll try to catch up.
I was supposed to have chemo May 29.  Platelets were low, so I didn't. I saw my primary care doctor on the first.  She started me on a new anti-depressant.  It has one little side effect--severe nausea.   I have drugs for that too.  She also sent my to physical therapy, thinking that the breathing problem has something to do with my chest muscles.  so I go once a week now.  I have exercises and get my back and neck massaged.  Not bad.
I had a little dinner party for Dory on June 4.  Her birthday is the 10ty, but she was going to be out of town.  We had salad and French Onion Soup--and birthday cake.  The 5th was the postponed chemo.  For the first time, it started hurting as soon as it got in.  Because I've been flunking my day 8 blood test on a pretty regular basis, Dr. Chee lowered my chemo dose and put me on day 1 and day 15.  It works out to every other week now.  I had a gollow up with my PCP on the 6th.  She kept me on the new drug, even with the nausea and took me off prozac.  I've been taking that for almost 10 years.  Coming off of it has been ok.
Glenn went on vacation for a week, leaving on the 7th.  I asked him who would take me to the hospital in the middle of the night.  He asked if I was planning on going--I told him no, but I didn't plan on it the last few times either.  I managed just fine.  My sister came up on the 9th.  We went to a shower for Victoria on the 10th.  The baby is due in four weeks--excitement is building.  Victoria looks great.  She got her EDD from Davis on the 13th,  We're very proud of her.  Gretchen and I went to see Madascar 3 and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on Monday.  Both great movies.
Say Cardiologist #1 on the 15th--all is well.  I've somehow lost an inch in height and 10 pounds.  Happy about the pounds--not so much about the height.
Today It's 3 minutes to Wednesday as I type) was chemo 5.2.  It was also Glenn's birthday.  We were going to take things easy because of the chemo, but Elaine wanted to come over to celebrate.  She wasn't feeling well and we should have kept with the original plan.  It was an evening of drama that I'd just rather not blog about.  I'm bery happy that I see my therapist tomorrow.  Enough said.
I'm going to have a visitor in the morning.  One of my favorite Job's Daughters, Jenn Neal Davis is in town and will come by with her little girl before i leave to see the therapist.  That will be a very pleasant time.
That's it.  You're caught up.  I'll try to lead a more interesting life.  I'm still working my way through the boxes of yarn.  I gave Becca her latest pair of socks tonight and I started sock 2 of the next pair.  The yarn is called Gingerbread, and it is one of the prettiest I've worked with so far.  Now that's it.
xxooxx

No comments: