Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Not much going on

It has cooled off since the last post.  Looks like it will be cool when we get to Yosemite, but Tioga should still be open in two weeks to go to Reno.  I haven't done much.  I've gotten rid of piles of trash--not enough, but I'm making headway.  I had my flu short, so people can breathe on me at Grand Chapter.
We had a special meeting last week and initiated three new members.  There's a fourth who couldn't make it, and one of the new members had me send her petitions for her husband and daughter.  Yippee!
The Giants are keeping us excited, as are the Oakland A's.  Both teams made the post season, both teams lost their first two games, and both teams squeeked out wins today.  they have to win the next two games to keep things going.
I'm still tired most of the time.  I'm not in much pain--just gasping for breath.
Sunday was Worldwide Communion Day.  I played the prelude--Bach's Sheep May Safely Graze and Du Bist Bei Mir, and for communion--Samuel Barber's Adagio and Handel's Where 'Ere you Walk.  It didn't go too badly.  I haven't touched my violin since the Ceili in March, so I was a little aprehensive when I was asked to play.  I was a little worried about the placement of my pacemaker, but it didn't bother me.  I also read the scripture in German.  My high school and college German teachers were probably rolling over in their graves--I know at least one of them is dead.  It was quite an experience.  My voice comes and goes.  It bothers me when it's time to sing.
That's about it.  Dory and I are leaving for Grand Chapter a week from today, so i guess I'm going to have to start packing.  We take two sets of clothes--one for Grand Chapter, and one for Yosemite.  I don't think there's going to be a great deal of hiking, but we can just sit and look and enjoy.
Go Giants.  Go As.  Life is grand.
xxooxx

No comments: