Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas

Christmas Eve was lovely.  I read fro the King James Version, which always pleases certain members of the congregation.  I think I have to read from The Message on Sunday and I'm afraid the words may stick in my throat.  It's sort of a hippy-dippy Bible--about as far as you can get from the poetry of the KJV.  Maybe I'll take my KJV, just in case.
Christmas was delightful.  Glenn let me sleep in.  I got up around 10 and made waffles for him--about the only family tradition we have for Christmas.  We exchanged gifts, then I took a nap.  We drove to Victoria's in a driving rain storm--my idea of perfect Christmas weather.  Gretchen's whole family was there, and that was delightful.  I don't see Kyle that often, and he is my favorite nephew.  Chaia and Cassidy liked their hats and mittens.  I think I'll do the same thing for Kyle--I have yarn left and an adult pattern. Iris was a delight to play with.  Her little personality is starting to emerge.
Dinner was nice and there was NO DRAMA.  It was just a pleasant time with dearly loved family.
Wednesday noon, I had a CT scan.  It took six tries and the head doctor to finally get it started,  Just before the IV, Paul, a Technician, brought out a Teddy Bear, a gift to me from the hospital foundation.  I was touched and never needed it more.  They tried to get blood our of each wrist--eventually succeeding,  I wasn't screaming, but I did have tears flowing down my face.  Paul was helping with the IV and the other Tech was rubbing my head and my back and trying to take my mind off the pain  It was pretty exhausting--and i have these things every two months.
Gretchen came over in the late afternoon--good thing--the scan took longer than usual.  We decided it was not a movie night, so we fixed leftovers and had an early night.
Thursday was expensive.  We went to Home Depot and finally bought a new washer.  It was expensive, but a very peasant experience.  Each store worker we had anything to do with was knowledgeable, polite, friendly, and a delight doing business with. On man even brought me a scooter to ride around in the store when I started gasping for breath.  After we took care of the major purchase, we went to Tanforan and the movie theatres.  We saw Les Miz.  I wish I'd brought a towel--there were a lot of tears.  It was outstanding.  We were going to see The Hobbit--on the whole, glad we changed our minds.  Besides. I got hit with pretty bad pain Thursday night.  I couldn't have handled anything else.  I increased my paid meds and am beginning to feel a little better.
Monica came oer on Friday afternoon  She gave us a report on the status of things at home--about the sand.  But the big news is that Mark has a job!  A real tax paying, above board,, job!  May he keep it forever!
That's about it.  I started on a sweater for Victoria's day-care provider.  I was even able to use yarn on hand!  Yea!  The pile decreases!
That's it--time to sleep.
xxooxx

No comments: