Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Legs

I'm done with home infusion.  I'm done with cellulitis.  I have ankles!  I lost 20 pounds, mostly fluid, in the hospital, and I'm walking around on sticks.  I say mostly fluid because I wasn't eating that much and the food was pretty awful.
I have to weigh myself every morning.  If I go up more than a pound or two, I have to regulate my Torsemide.    If I stay around my set weight, then I just take maintenance doses.  Put on weight, increase the torsemide.  Not that we wouldn't be happy for me to lose dry weight, too, it's just that I have to watch fro swelling.  This is my second year of cellulitis.  I don't want it again--for any number of reasons.

Knitting projects--I finished three octopus hats--though one of them is in hiding--and a gold shawl.  The shawl needs pressing, then it will be gorgeous.  I'm about 2/3 through with a prayer shawl.  They are boring to knit and boring to finish, but oh so comfy to cuddle up in, so I keep making them,  I'm also working on another shawl that used a hank from one of the bins!  Now that is exciting.  And I haven't ordered any new yarn.  It seemed like such a good idea in the hospital, but it was too hard to get up and get out a credit card.  And everyone would yell at me it I ordered more.

Today's project was getting the Chapter's membership pages in order.  It was a monumental task, but I now have it under control--more or less.  I have stacks of pages of deceased and demitted and suspended member pages to organize--I figured it was more important to take care of the live members first.  At the same time, I'm organizing my office--talk about your monumental task.  I figure it's OK to dump floppy disks, since nothing I have uses those anymore.  I'm going back to my "10 Things a Day."  It's ok to do more than 10, but I have to do at least 10, and 10 things makes an actual dent.

Next exciting thing--I'm driving!  I didn't really feel safe driving between hospitalizations, while I was working myself off the primidone.  That's long gone.  I can down and up a flight of stairs without getting winded.  I get tired, but that isn't the same thing.  Yosemite is a month away, so I need to start walking.  Maybe I can do my walking in Macy's or Nordstrom's.  Except for one Christmas present, I haven't put my nose in a department store.

It's past my bedtime.  Time to slather my legs with mineral oil--that's supposed to keep me from picking off the dead skin-there's LOTS of that.
xxooxx

No comments: