Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Matron

I went back into the Eastern Star line because I thought my chapter needed me.  I didn't really expect to be dealing with active cancer the year I was Worthy Matron, but that's how it worked out.  I wanted to serve this year in particular, because I served as Worthy Matron in 1999 for our current Worthy Grand Matron's mother.  I thought it would be cool to serve with both mother and daughter.  As an added bonus, I would get to be the presiding Worthy Matron when my friend Ethel was awarded her 50-year member pin and also when my daughter, Elaine, would be receiving her 25-year member pin.  I was WM the first time in 1986 when lee and I got to initiate Elaine.  Also receiving a 25-year pin, and another member I initiated, was Melody, who served as Honored Queen the term before Elaine.  Melody has been one of my girls since she was 12 years old. 
Tonight was the night we presented the pins.  Yes, I had major surgery three weeks ago.  No power on earth could have kept me away.  I have loved Ethel since she was my first Deputy Grand Matron for my first office.  I admire and respect her on a great many levels.  It was such a privilege to honor her tonight.  I was hurting, but I was beaming and I was blessed.  Tonight was truly special in my fraternal life.  Thank you, God.  I'm a happy girl.
I'm also a healing girl.  Things are itching, so I know they are getting better.  The Visiting Nurse comes tomorrow to check on me.  I also get to visit my friends at the hospital and have my blood sucked in preparation for Monday's doctor appointment.  What could possibly be better?  Life is perfect.
xxooxx

No comments: