Thursday, May 3, 2012

Houseful of Visitors

I had outing number 2 on Monday--a quick trip to my Dentist's office to pick up my new bite splint.  Not a problem, no anxiety.  Had nothing scheduled for Tuesday.  Glenn went to see his friend in Berkeley--only fair since he's been taking care of me for a week.  I get lonely when I'm by myself (this is new since the pacemaker), so Dory came over for a while.  Today I had lots of company.  The Visiting Nurse came in the morning.  Elaine, Monica, and Becca came over in the early afternoon, just before Glenn left for work.  The Home Health Aide.  She washed my hair and gave me a bath.  Clean hair is wonderful, especially when you have one wing under house arrest and no one has told you whether or not you can take a shower.
After I got all sweet and pure (family joke, my Mother is laughing at that), the physical therapist came to assess me and give me exercises to do.  And yes, Gretchen, I'll do them.
Around and about all this, Elaine and the girls and I went through some family papers.  I tried my hand at scanning and did pretty well--here's the first attempt:
This is the generations picture.  The fine looking gentleman is my Great Grandfather, Edward Lee Hall.  Seated next to Grandpa Hall is Grandma Hall,, Ida May Curns.  Gretchen Gabrielle Clark is sitting on Grandpa Hall's lap and Grandma Hall has me.  Behind Grandpa Hall is my Gay, my grandmother, full name Gabrielle Lee Hall Kant, who, at the time this picture was taken was about seven or eight years younger than I am now.  The remaining beautiful lady is our Mother.  When I feel better, that is, when I can drive again, I'm going to have to see about a frame for this.  It is too precious to leave lying about.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my primary care physician.  Dr. Kubin would have seen me in the hospital--every day--and maybe he was looking down from heaven, keeping me alive.  I know there were a ton of angels doing that very thing.  I'm healing.  The incision still hurts a lot--if you touch it, if you look at it.  Best get to sleep.  Granddaughter Monica is picking me up in the morning.
xxooxx

No comments: