Friday, October 10, 2008

Good News Bad News

OK, so I've been off the air for no good reason this week. Just haven't known quite what to write.
The Good News--Tuesday, I had my portacath removed. It wasn't really fun and I'm glad I had Glenn to drive me home. It has been really painful, red, and itchy. This morning, it was draining. It was Easter Sunday all over again in my mind. I called the surgeon's office as soon as I thought they would be open and got an appointment for this morning. The incision looks fine--it seems to be a reaction to the dressing, so I guess there is one more adhesive that my skin doesn't like. It is now open to the air and presumably will dry up. I go back Monday to get the stitches out. So that's all good.
I also saw my original cancer surgeon for a follow-up Tuesday morning. I thought I would be checking out with him since that incision has, finally, completely healed. No to, blood work and a CAT scan and x-rays the end of November. I'll see him again the beginning of December. I suppose that is all good too. He tells me I will live long to annoy my children.
Now for the Bad News. My wonderful job is not waiting for me. I was planning to go back to work on the 27th--guess that's when I'll start looking for a new job. It's going to be hard because that was Work Nirvana. I was afraid they were going to learn that they really could get along without me in the 8 months that i would have been gone. God has something for me, so I'm not as worried as I could be. I've been playing Scarlett O'Hara and thinking about that tomorrow, since I really don't need added stress while I'm still healing
As with everything else, I'll be fine.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your skin doesn't like tape either, huh? Laura's is the same way, tho not as bad as it used to be. So sorry about your job! There must be someplace even better out there, just waiting for your presence to make it complete! And I'm glad to hear you'll be around to keep an eye on me for a good long time.