Monday, October 13, 2008

Still a stitched person

I went to see my surgeon, bright and early this morning, to get my stitches out. She took one look at the large red patch on my upper right chest, and apologised profusely. She also gave me the name of the substance she had put on my skin, Benzoin, with the admonition to never let it tough my body again--I can do that. She gave me a prescription for a cream to use twice a day, and said that the stitches should be left in until Friday to avoid another open wound. I don't think there will be a problem getting First Aid and Personal Services to take them out at Grand Chapter. If there is, I'll leave them in until Monday and have the medical clinic at Yosemite take them out. It may have been a small straw, but I think it may have been the one that broke this camel's back. I'm feeling very sorry for myself--and in a good deal of pain. It will pass and it will get better. The real princess skin strikes again.
So, now it really is time to pack for Grand Chapter and Yosemite. The beauty of being a Deputy is that I don't have to worry about what to wear, at least through the sessions. That should cut down on the clothes I take. Yosemite is a different matter. It is looking like it will be pleasant during the days and quite cold when the sun goes down--so hiking boots, gloves, warm hats, warm coat--heavy stuff. I don't feel like packing, but I guess I'd better get to it.
It looks like the bargain hunters are out on Wall Street today--good thing. If I were the type to panic sell, I could have taken a real beating. Fortunately, I'm not. I'm more the "just ride it out" type.
That's my news for today. Still healing, uncomfortable, but getting better. My hair still isn't long enough for me to go CPless, though it is getting harder and harder to stick the CP's on. It is very soft and I think I'm seeing a little curl. I'll be gone for 10 days, so don't miss me too much.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Can't wait to see you!

Victoria said...

Yeehaw! Enjoy Yosemite-- this is the most gorgeous time of year...