Saturday, March 13, 2010

Flaming Fingers

The Ceili is done for another year.  I'm tired but happily so.  I think I played as fast as I've ever played before--some of the tunes I can no longer play at a moderate tempo.  I didn't catch all of the notes, but I got most of them.  The members of the band are all so good that we grow off of one another and we make an amazing sound.  My fingers were flying and my soul was dancing.  It was a thoroughly Thank You, God, afternoon.  We played with joy and I am a happy girl.
Most of the rest of my life is happy too.  I had another scan on Monday and saw my oncologist on Thursday.  I see her next in three months and probably won't repeat the scan until September.  I'm good there too.  I'm not well, because I will always have cancer and we will always be watching it, but I'm as well as I've been in over two years.  I still don't have a trememdous amount of energy--but enough to play the fiddle fast as the wind today.  I've been good about going to Curves.  The part of my life that is not so happy is something I don't want to talk about.  I'm contemplating a move to denial.  It is a nice place to live.  The good parts are squeezing out the not so good parts.  I'm ready to get on with life.  Thank you, Bethany Brawlers for making it such a steller day.  Now I'm ready to hibernate for a while.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Super AnneWoman,

So glad the Ceili went well!

Hope the scan did also.

The weather here in denial is so-so, but the company is stellar. See you there!

LLL,
RRR