Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day--WTF???

Yesterday was the Bethany Spring Tea--and a delightful event it was.  Everything looked good.  Everything tasted good.  The joint was packed.  I had a good time.  There was a little blip when for just a minute it felt like my insides were ripping apart--but that went away.  A good time was had by all.
I put in some physical labor before the tea--Glenn and I weeded.  I pulled out a whole bagful of weeds--worked for maybe 15 minutes.  After the tea, I was exhausted, so I came home and napped for a good two hours.  I woke up during the third or fourth inning of the Giants game.  It was tremendously exciting.  I took a deep breath during the game and was blindsided by abdominal pain.  After the game (it was THAT exciting), I told Glenn I was thinking about having him take me to emergency.  I've had some pain for the last several months, but this was different.  Glenn asked how long it had been since my last scan.  I said pre surgery--he said "We're going."  I gathered stuff together and around 9:30, we were off to the hospital.  It seemed a little early for us and I wasn't in my jammies yet.
Emergency was very busy, but I was taken care of.  In due time, I had a CT scan.  It isn't a bowel obstruction (I didn't think so, it didn't feel the same).  The scan showed a collection of fluid, which hasn't been there before, and a lot of stool--which has.  Haven't I always said that the secret of life is managing poop?  Still, that seemed odd to me, because I've been staying on top of that.  At 2ish in the morning, I was given my choice of checking in, where they could keep an eye on things and manage the pain, or going home and checking with doctors (take your pick, there are several to choose from.)  We chose check in. So, here I am getting lots of pain meds and being observed.  The doctors are discussing it.  I'm expecting to go home tomorrow after the doctors finish discussing things.
Remember the left heel?  Acting up again.  I went almost a week without shoes irritating it and it has gotten worse each day.  Guess it's time to call the dermatologist again.  AND I had a gout flare-up--also left foot.  So there we are, sharp abdominal pains and painful left foot.  My hair continues to come out, two or three strands at a time  The crown is really starting to look thin.  Decisions, decisions--let it go or get it over with--buzz cut it and wear the cranial prostheses that have been waiting patiently for me.
Oh, and for the "you've GOT go be kidding me" news of the week.  I have an echocardiogram scheduled for 9 tomorrow morning, here at the hospital.  I scheduled it three months ago.  You would think it would be really convenient.  I'm already here--just a wheelchair ride from my lovely room on the second floor.  You would be wrong.  I have to reschedule.  Insurance won't cover an outpatient procedure that they would normally pay for when I'm an inpatient because it has nothing to do with the reason I'm hospitalized.  What?
Elaine is recovering from her dog bites.  I can't remember--did I know about that when I blogged last week.  I found our from Monica's Facebook status update.  Of course, she found out I was here when Becca read MY Facebook update.
OK.  I've gone on long enough.  Thank goodness for good drugs.
xxooxx

No comments: