Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back to Sonoma

I can't believe it--last blog I was amazed that it was September and now it's almost over.  Haven't done much--still trying to get my stamina back.  Highlights of the month were our Remembrance Sunday service on 9-11.  I played Barber's Adagio for Strings for the candle lighting.  I haven't played serious music in a long time--it went quite well.  The following Saturday was my niece Victoria's engagement party.  We had almost the whole family together for the first time in almost forever.  Missing were my nephew Kyle, at a wedding in the Carolina's, I think, and grandson Ryan, who was doing boy things with his friends.  I had my check up with Dr. Chee (oncologist).  Things are about the same.  I'll have my next scan in November.
So here I am at the Sonoma Mission Inn.  I left home around 11:30.  Traffic through the city on 19th Avenue was a breeze and I got here a little after 1.  My room was ready so I went off to catch most of my soap.  I got to my building and met the bellman--at the foot of the staircase.  No elevator--that was not going to work.  So back to the lobby to wait for something on the first floor or in a building with an elevator.  I sat and knit.  I got into my room a little after three.  I got organized, then it was off to the spa for a massage with David and the first Watsu with Soledad.  Wednesday morning I had breakfast--lemon cottage cheese pancakes--always the first day breakfast--and Watsu number 2 with Glenn.  In the afternoon, I had a new treatment--Wine Country Recovery with Soledad,  starts with a bath then an aloe-gel wrap, foot massage and facial.  It was amazing.  My chemo dried skin loved it.  That was followed by a tandem massage with Soledad and David.  I still think that should be illegal it feels so good.  I rested on the loggia for a bit, then it was off to dinner and back to the room to knit.  I'm half through with the last scarf in the project--and two weeks to go.  I stayed up too late to get to that point and to finish this.  I think I have four activities tomorrow--pampering can be exhausting.  So good night for now.
xxooxx

No comments: