Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scratch the Tour de France

I know, I know, it was on the list of things I really want to do, but I started blood doping today, and that's against the rules.  My red blood count was 8.4 before the last transfusion, 10.4 last week before chemo, and 9.4 today.  I signed the paperwork for Procrit injections, and they start them if you are below 10.  I guess that's the reason I've been getting tired.  I'm supposed to have a scan sometime this week--just waiting for them to call me to tell me when--and that will determine whether or not I keep up with this round of chemo.  The shot wasn't really fun, since it was in my tummy not in my port.  Janis, who was my driver today, asked if I wanted a lollipop.  Might have helped.
The tree is gone, the ornaments are put away, and the furniture is back in place.  Is there anything sadder than undressing a Christmas tree?  I hate taking it down.  It was so pretty this year and smelled so good.  It is an even number year, so the nativities may stay out.  They aren't a fire hazard, so that's really OK.
Had a visit from and old (but young) friend last week.  She's visiting her family--lives in New Jersey with her 2 year old daughter.  I've known her since she was seven when we both started studying with the same violin teacher.  It's hard to believe that she's all grown up now.
I'm working my way through the yarn but not fast enough.  It is still exciting to watch the socks grow.
That's about it.
xxooxx

No comments: