Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a blessed day!

It's been a whole 24 hours without a political ad or automated call. Saints be praised! The election that wouldn't go away is finally over and we can start to live like normal people again. Where does all that political money funnel? So far, none of it has trickled down to me.
I'm doing my little tasks--getting to Curves three times a week is a real step. My hips are still bothering me--left one particularly, so that will be a point of discussion with my doctor tomorrow, as will be the state of my anemia. I still tire easily--or maybe I was just tired of campaigning. I never thought of that.
I left home around 8:30 yesterday morning, wearing comfortable shoes and toting a book, prepared for a wait. There was none. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, and I chatted with the poll workers to help pass their time. I trotted out with my "I voted" sticker affixed to my sweater. I love those stickers. Maybe that's why I don't vote absentee. I have, when I've needed--for the June 1980 primary I voted absentee from Mary's Help Hospital--but I really love walking into my polling place and casting my vote on election day. I hope that thrill never goes away. I like voting. I just don't like being buffeted with political ads. The only annoying automated call I got today was from a carpet cleaning company--I think--I might have hung up before the amorphous voice finished sayingwhat it was.
Back to my Nevada Barr books. I'm just about finished with the sixth Anna Pigeon novel and ready to move on to number seven. Hope you weren't expecting excitement out of my life.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

I think you've had enough excitement - a nice, long spell of normal is just fine. Even a little boring is ok - heck, you've got your books, your knitting, and Laura and I still have to make a date with you to come over and make you watch "Penelope"!