Sunday, August 9, 2009

Two Years Ago Today



Two years ago today, I lost my Lee. This picture was taken on St. Patrick's Day of that year, at the Ceili at our church. It was just after Hospice fired him as too well for their services. I'm not sure if it was carrying in the loads of firewood or changing the oil on his truck. He still had a few good months left, and we made the most of them. We went to England and France, and we went to Yosemite so that he could say good by to people and places. I like to remember him this way, with a big old smile on his face, just happy with the world around him. I still think I miss him the most at breakfast. We had such a routine down. I think of him with the little chores that he used to do every day.

So Happy Birthday in Heaven, Mr. Lee. I expect you are keeping them on their toes there. Please don't sing "Kingdom Coming" to the heavenly choirs. I love you.

xxooxx

1 comment:

~KQ~ said...

I am glad that you were able to write this, for us and for you. I wonder if it was more: difficult, or cathartic? Good for you, my friend. ((((hugs))))