Monday, November 9, 2009

So Here's How I've Been Spending my Days


So here is the radiation step of the cancer journey.  First, here's the BIG machine.

And here are my technicians

Now, hop on to the table and get comfortable

Say Cheese!

It was really cold in the Cancer Center today, so they draped my sweater around my neck like a shawl.  After they get me in exactly the right position--every day--they leave the room.  The BIG machine comes down and zaps me, moves around tha zaps me again, moves around again, zaps again, and one more time, which always includes some shaking of the table--I won't know if we're having an earthquake while I'm getting radiation--then one last zap.  After all that, I get to relax my arms--which are usually uncomfortable by that time--the BIG machine moves back into place and the table slides out and the help me off.  See you tomorrow.  Sixteen down, nine to go!
I'm actually feeling sort of crappy today, so I'm pretty much doing nothing.  I saw the doctor today, Dr. Tran, the back-up.  We had a philosophical discussion about making plans.  She said since 9-11 she hasn't been able to plan anyting in the future.  I've always been a planner, so I'm looking forward to the next CAT scan and the next step.  Then I can make plans for the spa and the future.
xxooxx

3 comments:

Bertamom said...

Spa . . . nice plan to look forward to!

Bertamom said...

Well, at least it's quick. I guess that's a plus. And I think you've got the right idea - just make your plans for whatever you want to do. Gotta go for it!

joe Fleischauer said...

Hi Anne,

Just checking in...thinking of you and sending some positive vibsssssss your way...
Love
Joe