Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where to Start?

It's been a month. I guess I should start with GO GIANTS!  Who ever would have imagined?  Hoped and prayed, yes, but imagined?  Which is why I had an appointment to have my hair cut in downtown San Francisco today at eleven in the morning.  I don't do crowds.  I got on BART in san Bruno, so I had a seat, but it was wall to wall bodies by the time I got off--at Powell, rather than my usual Montgomery, since they weren't even stopping there.  Getting to Maiden Lane and back home was challenging, but I got it done.  The crowd was joyous and reasonably well behaved.  I got confetti in my newly cut hair.  I was perfectly happy to watch the festivities on television when I got home.  You couldn't have paid me Meg Whitman's campaign budget to be part of the crowd at Civic Center.  I'm very happy for the Giants and very proud of them, but as I said, I don't do crowds--even happy reasonably well behaved ones.
So, what have I been doing when I haven't been watching baseball?  I'll backtrack a little and show you my room at Sonoma.  I don't usually take pictures of hotel rooms, but this was lovely.
Here's the name of my suite:
The bar

Part of the living room

The fireplace and the telly

The bed

The comfy chair where I sat and knit


Moving right along, we get to October 20, when Dory and I left for Grand Chapter and suburban Visalia.  It was an interesting Grand Chapter.  You'll have to ask me for more information. I don't feel like putting it out on the web.  Installation was another matter.  Kim and Don said they wanted to bring it in at 2 1/2 hours, and they just about made it.  They cut lots of time consuming stuff and both spoke well and briefly.  I was very proud of them.  Of course, we missed the end of the game where the Giants won the pennent, but the news quickly spread through our section, and I imagine the rest of the convention center.  Dory and I stopped for desert on the way back to Outer Visalia and vowed to sleep till we woke up.  No alarm for Sunday.  We got out before check-out time, and that was all that mattered.  We didn't have that far to go.  North on 99 to Fresno, then northeast on 41.  It started to sprinkle in Fresno.  By the time we got to Yosemite, it was raining heavily.  Not a problem.  We just stayed in the hotel.  We had a light supper in the bar that was just enough for me--soup and sandwich.  Dory took half her sandwich t the room.  We had sunshine in the morning and for the rest of our stay.  The real prize for all that rain was water in the falls and rivers.  I'm used to the falls being completely dry in October.   This looked like spring. 
All right, the program is being annouying.  I'll post this one and start a new one for the Yosemite pictures.
xxooxx

No comments: