Saturday, November 20, 2010

8:15 PM and in my Jammies

Still hurting.  I saw my oncologist on Monday.  She thinks it could be scar tissue issues, so has been having me watch what I ate--spent most of the week on clear fluids and starving--but my CA-125 is up, for me, so I have a CT scan scheduled for Tuesday.  Fantasy Follies have been busy.  I don't really think what I eat or don't eat is going to make much difference.  I know jumping to conclusions isn't even good exercise, but I'm back on MS contin and still hurting.  I didn't let a little pain stand in the way of my obligations, though.  Mike, my worthy Patron, and I attended four installations this week.  Bless his heart, Mike picked me up for each one--even the one where I wasn't on his way.  It was a real treat.  I thought about just sleeping in my light blue formal, since i wore it four nights in a row.  In the end, I decided it is too scratchy to sleep in.  I haven't worn make up every day in years.  Now, I'm letting my face take a break.  It was sort of fun to paint each evening.
Today was big time cooking day.  I got to church at 9, made cranberry sauce, stuffing, prepared six birds and got them into the ovens before coming home to watch Cal lose.  I had help.  The best part about making the stuffing at church is that the bread, onions, and celery have already been chopped for me.  I got back at 4:30 to get the birds out of the ovens, unstuff them, and make gravy.  The church was full.  We were expecting 150--don't know what the final count was.  Thank you, Mother, for teaching me to make the best turkey in the world.  I was hurting a lot, so I left after desert.  The talent show is usually good, but the band wasn't playing and I really didn't feel up to being charming any longer.  So here I am, in my jammies, contemplating going to bed early.  We had a wonderful rain storm while I was at church--lightening, thunder, hail.  I love weather--more so when I'm inside looking out and don't have to go anywhere.
That's it for now.  My but it does feel good to be out of a formal.
xxooxx

No comments: