Saturday, November 13, 2010

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installation is over!  It has been a huge mountain in front of me since we got back.  The trouble with procrastination is that it always gets you.  Somehow, everything got done.  I cut a lot of corners with things that didn't really matter.  The installation itself was lovely.  The Jr. Past Worthy Matron, Margaret Foley, is a truly amazing ritualist and did most of the installing.  There aren't words enough to tell how well she did.  We didn't have flowers and we didn't have carrying pieces for the officers to worry about when they got home, but we did have a lovely ceremony, and for that, I am very pleased.
I've been in pain, on and off for the last week--mostly on.  I've been telling myself it was the stress of the installation.  I just haven't had time for anything to go wrong.  I still have the obligation of the church Thanksgiving dinner next Saturday--after that, I can fall apart.  I see my oncologist the end of the month.  If I don't start feeling better, once the pressure is off, I might move up the appointment.  Or not.  I have several installations to go to this week--but I don't have to do any work.  Just show up, look cute, and eat refreshments.  I can handle that.
I'm glad it's Autumn.  Even on warm days, there's a bight to the air that says "It's Fall!"  Our season changes are so subtle that we have to take advantage of what we get.
My Cal Bears have a huge game today.  I have bad feelings, but I'll cheer for them, because that is what I do.  Go Bears!  It will be a moral victory if there are players standing at the end of the game.
xxooxx

No comments: