Thursday, March 31, 2011

Transfused

The orcs had not made their appearance Wednesday morning when Glenn took me to the Dorothy Schneider Cancer Center for my transfusion.  They waited until I got there.  Fortunately, I had pain meds with me.  I got all comfortable in a chair with a view--could have had a bed.  I got Tylenol and benedryl as pre meds, then settled back for two units of A positive blood.  My appointment was at 8:15 in the morning and I left around 2.  I got some knitting done and a great deal of snoozing.  My friend and Eastern Star Sister Meg took me home.  I napped for another hour or so.  I was really pretty drowsy all day.
Today, I definitely have more pep.  I'm not ready to run a marathon (ever), but I feel more energetic today and the orc attacks aren't as bad.  I'm staying on top of that with meds.
It's opening day of baseball season, so I get to cheer for the Giants this evening.  I have many knitting projects, so baseball season didn't come any too soon.  The added energy will help too.
Go Giants!
xxooxx

No comments: