Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Check, check, and check

Lest you think something really dreadful happened at the wedding, it was lovely.  Cold, but lovely.  I don't think I played my best, but it is hard to play the violin in a coat and fingerless mitts.  There were no disasters.  I didn't break a string this time.  There were no inquisitive bees hiding on the music staffs.  Just before we started the pre-wedding prelude, there was a warm puff of air.  I'm pretty sure it was the breath of God, promising to keep me going throughout the afternoon.  When you play for a wedding, you miss some of the details.  The compensatory joy is providing a service.  I'm so glad Kelsy asked me all those years ago to play for her wedding.
The reception was warm and spent with dear friends.  One of the very special benefits of attending a Hollenbeck function is watching North, Ky, and assorted partners swing dance.  It is exhausting and wonderful to watch.  The joy is mutual.  We stayed till cake was served, then Glenn took his very tired mother back to the Bide-a-Wee.  We had breakfast with the Bethany Gang, then hit the road for home.  We got here between 2 and 3.
I went to work on the Christmas cards, Glenn single-handedly rearranged the living room to make room for the tree.  Monica and Becca came over Monday and trimmed it while I was still working on the cards.  The tree is really beautiful.  I will try to think like a camera in a bit and see if I can find where I put the good one and include a picture--just not right now.
My niece was my driver to see my oncologist yesterday.  It was delightful to see her.  Victoria is at a very happy place in her life and she radiates it for the world.  Doctor appointment was neither good or bad.  I'm doing ok for now.  If the cold goes away I'll have chemo as scheduled on Tuesday.  I expect that will happen, because I'm feeling much better today.
I got the cards mailed this morning, so there is another big job completed.  Of course it usually follows that just after you get them mailed, you get a dozen or so cards from people you didn't send them to.  I was over-bought cards this year, so that will not present a problem.
The next Christmas task is to clear the mantle and bring out the Nativity sets--which may, or may not, live on said mantle for the year.
Life is good.
xxooxx

No comments: