Monday, December 12, 2011

Chemo 4-2A & B

Last Monday, after praying for platelets, I got my chemo.  They changed my schedule somewhat.  Instead of getting 4.1B (my name for it), I got 4.2A, platelets just squeaking thorough.  Tuesday was Therapist Mark and my Cardiologist--heart and lungs in great shape.  I walked from his office to Nine Rubies yarn shop. got some yarn I didn't need, got some needles I needed, and met a lady who needs wool mittens.  I told her I'd be happy to make them for her and got her name and address--she lives in Connecticut.  I actually found some pure wool yarn when I got home and a pattern that I liked.  I mailed them off to her on Saturday.  Hope she likes them.
Side effects weren't too bad.  There was another mouth sore and pain, but I have drugs for both, so things were under control.  We had the month's Eastern Star meeting preceded by a great turkey dinner.  Glenn is turkeyed out--I don't get tired of it.  I fixed ham for Friday and we've had it every day since.  Eastern Star meeting was good. I'm getting the secretary's stuff organized.  I was in a lot of pain, but I got through.
Saturday, Glenn and I got our Christmas tree. It's still living in the garage, waiting to come up stairs and be trimmed.  That will happen by Christmas.  Same with the Christmas cards.  I thought I'd lost my address list, but I'm turning into a geek, and I found it.
I had Chemo 4.2B this morning.  We'll see how the side effects go for this one.  Next infusion of poison is Dec 27.
That's it for now--I have much work to do.
xxooxx

No comments: