Wednesday, July 4, 2012

If you Wanna Feel Better...

If you wanna feel better, just look at a baby.  And I have one to look at!  Things have been tense, and probably will be for the foreseeable future.  I'm hurting.  I have plenty of pain meds, but I don't really like taking too much.  I also don't like hurting.  It's a balancing act.
In the midst of all the Strum und Drang, my niece, Victoria, and brightened up my life by producing Miss Iris Gabrielle Wyatt.  Iris was due on the 23rd, but came early.  She popped out July 2 at 9:10 in the morning.  Well, I don't think she exactly popped out.  Victoria was in labor for a while.  Victoria and Brian posted pictures on Facebook, and Gretchen, a very happy Grandma, sent me several.  Iris is a beautiful little bit of a person.  I look at the pictures and just smile.  I think I don't hurt quite as much when I look at her little face.  I want to be around for her important firsts.  Her college graduation and wedding would be nice, but I think that would be pushing it, even if I weren't sick.  Thank you, Victoria and Brian, for giving me a reason to smile, and thank you, God, for a safe delivery of the precious new member of the family

No comments: