Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So it wasn't so bad

Long, but not so bad. Glenn got me to the infusion center at about quarter to nine--no traffic along the way. It took them a while to find my records, but they found them and we got started right about on time. The port worked like a charm--I'm SO glad I had that done. First came IV Benedryl and Pepcid, then came Dexamethasone and Aloxi--all of these are to conbat nausea and possible allergic responses. Then came the Taxol--that took forever--and finally Carboplatin--about 40 more minutes. They flushed my port and I was good to go. I had a liter of water and protein bars with me--next time I'm bringing a sandwich. Dory picked me up and we finally left just after 2. When I got home, my daughter, Elaine, was here. She didn't go to the infusion center because she's had a bit of a cold. But that didn't stop her from doing my laundry, changing the sheets, vacuuming, and trying to clean the bathroom without all the stuff on the counter crashing down. Maybe I'll work on the bathroom after I clean off the hope chest in the bedroom...At the infusion center, I finished a baby sweater and made the matching bonnet and booties. I have to get hot on the baby stuff--my stash is down to three items. I have tons of yarn to work with and now lots of time to complete projects.
I ordered two wigs yesterday--they should be here and ready by the time my hair starts falling out. One almost matches my hair perftctly--the other one is in case I want a change and to startle everyone.
The adventure continues.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Can't wait to see the wig of change...