Sunday, April 12, 2009

I lead a charmed life...

I don't always appreciate the little things (and some great big things) that go right. Yesterday, after my full day of retail therapy, while waiting for the BART train, I looked down at my right hand--no pinkie ring--same one I thought I lost in November. I freaked--quietly, but I freaked. I checked pockets and purse, no ring. I thought--hoped--that it might have fallen off into one of the many bags I was carrying--no way to check at the BART station--maybe it fell off in the dressing room at Nordstrom. Maybe I never put it on in the morning, but that was almost impossible. Back to the Scarlett O'Hara mode. I was really tired and I'd think about that tomorrow. I did check my ring dish, just in case I'd gone without it. Elaine and her family were coming over, I didn't have time to brood about it.
This morning, when I was getting dressed, there in the ring dish was my Past Matron's ring. Now there are two explanations. First, I never put it on yesterday. Second, the angels swooped down, found it, and brought it home in the night. I'm going with door number two. So thank you, God, for taking care of me one more time.
It was lovely to be in church this Easter Sunday. I am Lay Reader this month--I was supposed to be Lay Reader last April, so when I was signing up this year, I made a point of taking April. I wore a brand new bright yellow dress with a little white sweater, and an old white hat that went perfectly with the ensemble. I love dressing up. After church, I made waffles for a smaller crowd than last night--Monica and Rebecca were with their other grandparents. Elaine et al were then off to spend the rest of Easter with Mark's family. I watched the Giants lose then napped till 60 Minutes. I'm all rested up and ready for real sleep now.
I think I'll be more careful with my jewelry.
xxooxx

No comments: