Monday, June 1, 2009

So, Here I Am

Here's the Ahwahnee, viewed from the Wedding Lawn. A lovely place to chill for a few days. I tried to get a reservation a coupld of weeks ago, but I think this worked out better. There are still a few Dogwood in blossom--more than we had last June, but that was a week later.
Two shots of the Dogwood.
The Merced River with plenty of water.
This is Yosemite Falls. I'm here so often in the Autumn, when the Falls are non-existant. The weather is iffy--on again, off again rain. Rain doesn't matter in Yosemite. It is the best place in the world to just be.
The laptop is always an adventure for me, but I think I've got it.
xxooxx





4 comments:

Rosalynn R Reed said...

Dearest Anne Elizabeth,

You say you tried for reservations-at the Ahwahnee? And failed? So are you now camping on the Wedding Lawn? I am confused.

Love your photos. Agree with you. Rain does not matter there.

LLLove,

RRR©Z

~KQ~ said...

enjoy the peace, and watch out for the tourists as they flood the place towards the weekend! wish I was there.... love, KQ

Jennifer Yiu said...

Anne,
I remember driving back from convention with you and stopping at Yosemite-my first time ever seeing the park. Thank you for sharing that with me.
Your pictures bring back that day.

Bertamom said...

Yup, looks like you got the hang of the laptop - lovely pics! We went south, too, but west instead of east - see you back at home! Enjoy the green - it looks beautiful!