Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yippee!

Monday was another visit with the new PCP to review my blood work. She changed a couple of my prescriptions, other than that, things look good. She wanted to make sure I listed her on my hospital records so that she gets copies of all test results and add her with my oncologist's office. That can be done.
Tuesday is culture day, it seems. This week we took care of culture in a big way. My friend, Karen, is on the staff at the opera house. She snagged me a pair of tickets for Tosca. I'd wondered who to take with me and thought, the Niece--of course. She'll love it and we'll have a smashing good time. She had some sort of training in Cupertino in the day time--more like a long morning. She got here a little after two. She went for a short run, took a shower and changed, I changed, and we headed downtown. Just for laughs, we looked for street parking, and found it on McAllister St, right around the corner from the Opera House. First thing, we were off to dinner at Chevy's. I had my usual, but then, I know I like it, so why change? Back to the Opera House, to will call, where the tickets were supposed to be--and weren't. Karen was located and we found the tickets at the North entrance door. Dress Circle, Trustee's Bench, House Left. Very nice. We followed Karen back to her cave, the Green room---which is really more of a green corridor, but it was exciting to be there where the glitterati pass through. We did see the wife of the man who sang Scarpia.
It's the first time I've seen an opera with supertitles. I'd thought it would be annoying, but it was anything but. I know the story of Tosca more or less, but the supertitles really helped keep you in the action--so much so that I just wanted to slap Tosca by the end of the first act, but being a silly woman. Victoria said it had all the markings of junior high drama--"he said, she said." Tosca redeemed herself in the second act,
I had to get up and dressed early today, because Mr. Geek Squad was due between 8 and noon. I think he came around 10. God Bless him--he fixed it. I am now happily typing into my desktop. The laptop is an ever present help in time of need, but I am SO glad to be back to functioning. It had been infected by a particularly nasty virus, and he had to call his secret weapon to get is off and all signs of it removed. I did have to get a new hard drive, but he went and fetched it, installed it, and took away the bad one, so I was happy
I got my blood sucked this afternoon. Now I'm ready to settle down and watch a ball game
Later
xxooxx

No comments: