Friday, December 11, 2009

OK, It's Christmas Season

It is three o'clock in the afternoon and it is dark outside.  It has been dark all day.  It is raining cats and dogs and there is a fine fog.  Now why would this make it Christmas Season?  It is amazing the things that stick with us.  When I was a wee little thing, and I actually was, once upon a time, it was the last day of school before Christmas vacation.  I was in kindergarten, so it was my first last day before Christmas vacation.  I remember walking home to Etna Street (and that is how I know I was in kindergarten) in a driving rain storm.  Since then, driving rain and fog in December makes me smile and remember my tiny self splashing home.  The only thing that could make it more Christmasy would be making fudge and chocolate chip cookies.  They will come sometime within the next two weeks.  For now, the dark clouds and the rain and cold are good enough for me.
I had to go out today, since the mail finally included the rent check and I wanted to deposit it, so I got to experience the joy of the storm--somewhat more appealing when watching from the inside out.  I dug through the closet to find my snow/rain boots, so my feet were toasty.  I'll be needing those boots come February.  I feel good today, so it was OK.  I did not feel good yesterday.  I think 10 hours of sleep helped.  I'm still pretty fatigued from the radiation.  It has been three weeks now, so maybe there's only one more week of exhaustion.
Back to working on the Christmas cards or working on the puzzle.  The puzzle has to be finished before we can haul a tree into the living room, so it is a toss up which task needs doing more.  Now would be the time to clone myself.
xxooxx

1 comment:

RRROZ said...

Dearest Angel Mother (Mother of Glen),

Thank goodness Glen's friend was not given a baby dragon. Dragon carriers are a little harder to find at 12 midnight.

LLLove,
RRROZ