Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recovering from Radiation

You haven't heard form me in a while because I haven't been doing anything.  Radiation hit me harder than I expected.  Sometimes I feel a little nauseaus, but mostly I just feel tired.  I do too much then I sleep.  A nap us usually two to three hours and unless I'm doing anything early in the morning, I always get at least eight hours at night.
To catch you us on the highlights (few though they may be), as I left off, my niece, Victoria, was running in a 40 mile race.  Gretchen, Jim, and I bundled into the car in the afternoon to drive the hour or so into the hinterland to watch her finish.  That was exciting--cold, but exciting.  Victoria was a very tired girl and was really happy when her father volunteered to drive her car home.  I'm glad I stayed over Saturday.  I would hate to have missed that thrill.
The drive home Sunday wasn't bad till about Prunedale, then 101 turned into a parking lot (you can tell that I'm a Northern California native because I don't say "The" 101).  Traffic pretty much let up when I hit 85.  It was good to get home, even if I did get home after Glenn went to work and I had to schlep all my stuff upstairs myself.  That caused another round of exhaustion.  I'm sort of glad I had to put Sonoma off till January.
Nothing much till Wednesday, when I started with an 8:30 doctor (a NON CANCER doctor) appointment, a haircut in the city, lunch with an ex-boss, and shopping.  That was a killer day and I paid for it.  I had a good time, but I paid for it.
It's been mostly resting and Facebook since then.  I did manage the first draft of my Christmas letter--good thing, since the cards have been coming in since the first.  I figure if I have them in the mail by the 18th, I've won the battle.
Back to the current puzzle--all jelly bellies.  I think I've been working on it a month already.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

That puzzle is CRAZY! So when are you done with this round of radiation? I forgot . . . sorry. Brainless twit here --