Thursday, February 18, 2010

Made it to the Lake!

Gretchen got to the hotel around 11 last night, safe and sound, so it is all good.  We were picked up at 10 this morning.  It was a PERFECT drive up here.  The sky was clear blue.  The roads were dry.  Our driver was outstanding--good driver and full of personality.  We took a little stop at the Banff Springs Hotel, so Gretchen got to see that, the village of Banff, and Bow Falls.  Pictures are coming--I just don't have the energy right now.  We have a lovely room with a perfect view of the lake.  I showed Gretchen part of the hotel.  I'm resting now; Gretchen went out for a walk.  I can do that tomorrow.  Just a quick note to let you know that we had arrived and that things couldn't be better--well, they could.  I feel like I'm trying to catch a cold, but this is such a wonderful place just to be that it doesn't matter.
xxooxx

No comments: