Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thank you, God, moment

When you come down to it, they are all Thank you, God, moments, but some are more memorable than others.  It was a downtown day today--seeing my therapist.  Just when I think I've got it all together and I don't need him anymore, life throws me another curve and it is my most important appointment.  Mark, my therapist, moments are always thank you moments, but that's not the one that stands out today--we'll talk about him a little later.  The amazing moment today was after my appointment.  I had a check to deposit at Wells Fargo, so I crossed Market and Montgomery to the ATM at the big bank on the corner of Post and Montgomery.  No problem, deposit made.  I turned around to leave, and there, at the bottom of the stairs were two gentlemen I worked with at Advent--Eric and Richard.  They were with a third Adventer that I didn't know, but Eric and Richard got hugs, so gentleman number three got one too.  While we were chatting, out of the bank came JJ, another Adventer.  More hugs.  What a treat it was to see them.  I really miss the people at Advent.  They were off to lunch--I was off for a walk to Powell.  I love happy surprises like that.
Now for my Mark appointment.  I REALLY needed to see him this week.  I've been having all sorts of strange emotions these last couple of weeks.  Mark assured me that they were all pretty normal feelings and that I'm entitled to feel them.  Whew.  I got great news, I'm in remission, how could I be depressed?  Pretty easily, it seems.  I'm still a little in shock.  It's OK to sift through my feelings.  It took some time to get used to the diagnosis, it will take some time to adjust to the remission.  So if I can get myself up and out to Curves again in the morning, that will be another little step.
Glenn and I had old and dear friends to dinner this evening--so that was another good part of the day.  Little steps. good steps.  So I guess it was a Thank You, God, day all around.  Now to curl up with a good book.  Life is pretty grand.
xxooxx

No comments: