Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Still in Calgary

I'm having a relaxing time; my sister is having an adventure.  First off, I got an e-mail from my niece that Gretchen forgot her cell phone.  Semi annoying, but can be dealt with.  I went to the Bay to see if I could find some shoes. 
While I was waiting for a clerk, and waiting, and waiting, I checked my cell phone.  Missed call from Gretchen.  What?  Checked the voice mail--the plane was late leaving Santa Barbara.  San Francisco was fogged in, so they took her to San Jose--then back to Santa Barbara.  She has a flight out to Denver this afternoon, then a flight from Denver to Calgary, getting in here at 9:20.  So I have another night in Calgary--she'll take a cab here from the airport.  We'll have a lovely breakfast in the morning then the car will pick us up at 10 and we should have a lovely drive up to Lake Louise.  Everything works out.
In case any of my followers are the least bit worried about the rail road business in Canada, not to worry.  My room is RIGHTNEXT to the train station and I think the trains run through the room. 
Tomorrow will be a lovely day.  It was snowing lightly when I went to the Bay.  It has stopped now.  I'm just going to settle back and watch the Ladies Downhill.
xxooxx

No comments: