Saturday, November 5, 2011

Catching up yet again

Guess it's time to write something so that my sister won't think I'm dead.  I'm not.  I realize it has been a while.  Last entry was after Sonoma.  It was our new pastor's first Sunday.  Today was her installation.  It was a long journey, but now we are official.  The happily retired Pastor Nominating Committee can draw a huge sigh of relief and say to each other, "job well done."
So what have I been doing.  I finished the scarves with a week to spare.  They were well received.  I have an ante-room meeting and Installation left to go next Thursday.  I wasn't entirely sure that I would complete my term as Worthy Matron, but I did it.  We had a good chapter year.
Grand Chapter was a couple of weeks ago--one of the best I've been to and I've been attending them since 1982.  Kim and Don presided beautifully.  Everything went smoothly and I never had to correct their grammar in my head.  It was really a pleasure.  Grand Chapter, as usual, was followed by four days at Yosemite.  They were glorious days--warm in the daytime and cool in the evening.  We didn't do much, just enjoyed hanging out.  There was even a little water in Yosemite Falls.  The weather being fabulous, Tioga Pass was open, so we went on to Reno for two nights.  Once again, we had a blast.  I couldn't lose.  Well, I'm sure I could have if I'd tried hard enough and long enough.  We didn't have the option of staying extra days this time, so I came out ahead.  I came home with more cash than I left with.
Now i really am home.  Next Yosemite trip will be in May, and that's a long time from now.  I had my follow up CT scan yesterday.  I'll get the results next Friday when I see Dr. Chee.  I'm not expecting anything bad.  I've been feeling good--maybe a little peppy.  It's been a long time since I could say that.
You're up to date.  I have a new scarf project, but this one is only five and I'm almost done with the fourth one.  My goal is to be finished by Thursday.  It may happen or it may not.  The world will not come to an end.  After that is done, I get to move back to socks and hats and try to put a dent in the yarn cave.
xxooxx

No comments: