Friday, November 11, 2011

I think I've heard this song before

Got the results of last week's scan today.  I could have waited--forever.  I wasn't really surprised because I have been in more pain lately.  My CA-125 (a tumor marker) has increased quite a bit--for me--still below what they normally worry about, but since mine has always been low, we go on relative terms.  Relatively, it has doubled.  I also have some lymph nodes that have grown.  So we start new chemo--Topotecan--next Friday, then Nov 28, a week after that I'll see my doctor and the next week it starts over again.  After two of three months of this, we'll repeat the scan and see where we are.  Pray for me again--or still--as the case may be.
Last night was chapter installation.  That was a milestone for me.  I wasn't sure I would make it through the term.  I did it.  I'm a pretty tough old bird.  Don't feel so tough right now, but I'll bounce back.
I finished the scarves for the Grand Star Points and gave them to Grand Adah last night.  They are really pretty, but I don't think I want to do another scarf for a long time.  I'm now working on a commissioned pair of mittens and socks.  When I finish those projects, I'll dig into the boxes of yarn and start working my way through.  Good thing I have lots of knitting time.
That's it for now--that's more than enough for now.
xxooxx

No comments: