Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chemo Eve

I've been a busy little girl this week.  Two trips downtown--to see my therapist and get my hair cut--and no, they couldn't possibly be on the same day.  Had a delightful phone conversation with a friend from high school and college (thanks for calling, Marjorie--hope you got home safely).  Had an even more delightful conversation with my niece.  Cooked up a bountiful feast for the family.  Elaine came over Wednesday night and helped with the prep work.  It's lots of work, but worth every minute.  I wasn't going to become a statistic on Friday, but I had to take the girls to the other grandmother's house, which is just down the street from the yarn shop.  So I shopped small at a local business--had to get more yarn (everyone who has seen the yarn cave is now groaning).  I finished a hat and a sock and am now working on the other sock, a new pair of socks, a pair of mittens, and another hat.
Friday night was Cal football.  Go Bears!!!  Terribly exciting and they won.  Saturday was college football all day.  College football and knitting--what more could you ask for?  Today was church and an open house given by granddaughter Monica and her roommate Sue.  It was a pleasant afternoon with good friends.  I wasn't feeling especially good, but I found a comfy seat and let things go on around me.
My chemo appointment is in the afternoon, so I'm hoping to get to Curves in the morning and pick up Christmas cards.  I'll work on the Christmas Novella this week.  It won't be as long as usual, because there was no big trip.  I was pretty much tied down this year--and it sounds like next year will be worse.
I'm ready to get Chemo 4.1B out of the way.
xxooxx

No comments: