Monday, November 21, 2011

Side Effects

Some side effects are major--hair loss is like that.  The first chemo took care of that--second one not at all, and the third time around my hair just thinned out.  It is a little early to see what will happen this time around.  I've still got five great cranial prostheses and several hats, so I'm prepared if that happens.  I've never had a problem with nausea--there's lots of medication for that and if I feel the least bit queasy, I take something. 
Then there are the minor ones that are merely annoying, so I tend to forget about them.  Mouth sores are now officially on that list.  With no warning whatsoever, I woke up this morning with my lower lip encrusted with blood and a popped blister on the inside of said lip.  I have stuff for it, but it is annoying. 
There are no orc wars, for which I am grateful.  I just feel generally crappy.  I'm so glad I bought a new duvet last year.  Crawling under it and reading or knitting is amazingly comforting.  I've felt way worse--see April through August 2008.  I've also felt way better.  To paraphrase Sophie Tucker, I prefer better.
Thus endeth the whining session.
xxooxx

No comments: