Friday, August 22, 2008

Recent Projects

Between radiation and the cold, life has been pretty boring. The cold is now on its last legs, radiation has a month to go. Yesterday I made a break for it, thought I would do some retail therapy. I went to Stanford Shopping Center. Nothing caught my eye. I walked around the mall for exercise and only had to sit down and rest twice.
So I thought I would share some of my projects. This is the one I do most often. I've been making this pattern for over 40 years. I vary the color and buttons to keep each one individual. I can do this pattern in my sleep and I still love it.







This is a new pattern--a hoodie that screams "little boy." It is actually more of an olive green--didn't photograph too well, since this looks like baby poop yellow. I've got some navy blue yarn to make another one.







This is a pattern I picked up in Canada because I thought I needed to try something new.
This is a blanket and hat. I've now made several in different colors. It looks harder than it is. Actually, it's kind of fun. The blanket is worked on 22 stitches at a time. It is fun watching it grow. The border is not especially fun, since you have to repeat the same pattern 56 times. But
then, finishing has never been fun.
So that's my exciting live right not. I have some weekend functions that I can attend if I feel up to it. We'll see.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

Lovely projects! I need to get the knitting circle started up again - hope to see you in church!