Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So I'm not the only one

I've been reading Leroy Sievers blog, My Cancer. I'm up to September 2006, so I still have two years worth to read. I can relate to some of it. I've been spared a great deal he went through. All of our cancers are different. Mine was found before it had spread. I didn't have the terrible nausea that can accompany chemo. I had enough side effects to know that it wasn't pleasant. I hope I never have to do it again, but I would if I had to. My fingers and toes are still tingly--more of an annoyance than anything else. I did a little fiddling this afternoon, since I have the big fiddling weekend coming up. It felt strange playing. I knew my fingers were on the fingerboard, approximately where they belonged, but it felt strange.
I've been getting little bits of exercise. Yesterday I walked three blocks to a yarn store and back--found some new baby patterns and had to get yarn to go with them. So the walk back to the car included some extra weight training with the bag of goodies. Today it was a little practice. I might do more tonight.
Glenn took me to radiation today because Tuesday is the day you see the doctor and he wanted the progress report. I fuss about it, but I really appreciate the care he takes of me. I have four more weeks of radiation, 19 treatments. They will be closed Labor Day--yeah! I'm counting down, watching that light at the end of the tunnel get brighter. I can handle the little annoyances.
Now I'll pretend I'm a real, healthy person and do my laundry.
xxooxx

No comments: