Friday, August 29, 2008

Radiation starting to wear

And that is the glorious part of this adventure. Everything comes with something else. I was nauseous for the first time this morning. No problem, there's a pill for that. Because of the area they are radiating, I have this bizarre diet--basically nothing healthy. I understand the why of it, but that doesn't mean I like it. I wander through the grocery store, lusting after all the fresh fruit and raw vegetables, wanting peanut m&m's, and counting down the days till I don't have to worry about what I put in my mouth--well, actually that will be never, because when I'm done with the treatments it will be time to tackle the chemo weight. I can remember when they found the cancer--I thought at least chemo would be a good diet plan. Not so, Not everyone loses weight on chemo. My skin isn't burning--yet. I've had 12 of 28 treatments. Now I get three days off because of Labor Day. I'm feeling crabby right now, and my hips and lower back ache most of the time. I could feel crabby most of the time if I really tried.
Everything is not bad. I finished a sweater for me that it is way too hot to even try on right now. I get to watch both a baseball game and a football game today. My team, the California Golden Bears play tomorrow evening. I will be reduced to listening by radio because of the annual Jones Gulch Labor Day outing. I'll be fiddling most of the weekend, as long as I have the stamina, and I'll be entertaining all the grandchildren. Maybe I'll take a nap now.
xxooxx

No comments: