Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday, March 1

I got home on Thursday, with fingers and toes painted Malaga Wine. It is an elegant winter color. Made it to Eastern Star Thursday night, thank you, Dory, for the ride. I had to cram myself into a dress because the theme was Mardi Gras and only certain colors would do. I thought I had a purple dress I could fit into, but no, that was not going to happen. So I wore a green and gold skirt and top, which felt much better in the car when the top rode up over my stomach--not the best look for the meeting.Friday I pretty much hung around the house, though I did get out to Curves. Not feeling excessively well, but pushed past the pain and did the circuit the requisite two times and stretching. Saturday, the big daytime activity was to go to the post office and the bank, then come home and rest up for the effort of being charming all evening. It was our Worthy Grand Matron's Official Visit. It was also a Mardi Gras theme, so once again I crammed myself into the green and gold number. I also wore make-up--beloved by me in my youth, but now I'm just too lazy to wear it on a daily basis. I did my eyes in several lovely shades of purple to complete the Mardi Gras theme. Today they are a lovely shade of red--another reason why I don't paint too often. I've upped my morphine to 15 mg three times a day, hoping to get a better handle on the pain. I did more than fine on 30 twice a day--then cut it to 15 twice a day, and that just isn't cutting it. So we'll see. Playing with drugs to get the best balance.
It's another rainy day today. For my money, it can rain clear through to the end of May if it will keep drought fears away. That's it for today.
xxooxx

No comments: