Saturday, September 26, 2009

Small catching up to do

The pain is somewhat better today--may have something to do with the percocet Dr. Roost has me taking. It was not better when I saw him yesterday. He tried some sort of medicine that is supposed to work immediately--it didn't. So my calendar for next week has been rearranged. I still see Dr. Weller, the radiation oncologist Monday morning. Monday noon, Glenn will present me at Peninsula Hospital for an esophagogastroduodenscopy (take THAT, spell check). That's the fancy way of saying a tube down the throat to check out the stomach. The ultrasound of my legs has been pushed out to Wednesday.
I'm not really a hypochondriac, I just needed a better social life. What better way to improve it than to add two more doctors. Dr. Weller doesn't count as a new doctor because I saw him last year for my first round of radiation.
I'm not a terribly happy girl this afternoon, because Cal got royally trounced by Oregon. I've been a Cal fan for over 40 years, so I'm used to despair. But they started off so well. One swallow does not a summer make. Next week they get to play USC. Glenn has rearranged his work schedule so he can watch the whole game. After today, he may be sorry. He had to leave for work in the third quarter and he left muttering and really mad at the Bears.
So there we are, up to the minute news. My goal was to get through the weekend with no hospital visits. So far, I'm winning that battle. I'll let you know how it went after Monday afternoon. So far, I'm still looking great on paper. Oh, except for the cancer thing.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

That annoying cancer thing - I'm thinking it should just give up and leave. No chance against the mighty Anne Carlson! Maybe we'll see you at church this a.m. --