Saturday, September 5, 2009

How Did it Get to be September?

You don't keep up with the blog, and Poof! it's September. Truth is, I just haven't felt good this week. Not that there weren't little gems thrown in that deserved their own blog.
Last Saturday, while I was melting and feeling dreadfully sorry for myself, my BFF (of only 36 or so years), Kathy, IM'd me trying to chisle me out of my funck. She won and picked me up at 2:30 to go mall crawling in an air conditioned space. Now I rarely hit the malls when the purpose is not simply to buy but to stay dool, so this was an interesting exercise. I can home with some MAC eye make-up remover. amd a mid-sized country's ration of candy, having made stops at both See's and Cost Plus. Cost Plus sells Bounty Bars! I don't have to go all the way to Canada to get them!. Of course for the rest of the week I've been asking myself what did I do and why, but it was great fun at the time.
Sunday was the Peninsula 86 reunion. There weren't many of us, Ramona and her daughter Lynn, Diane and her mother Florine, Pat, and me. None of us were completely well, but we rose above it and had a good time. For the first time in 26 years, we ate inside and all fit around the dining room table.
Monday, I felt pretty dreadful. Between compozine and atavan slept most of the day, Tuesday morning I saw my primary care She thinks my throat could be an acid burn courtesy of GERD and put me on some new meds to try to curb it. She also sucked blood for an allergy test. It could be a combination of both. She also stressed fluid intake, so I've been making a real effort to consume water by the bucketful.
The rest of the week was spent resting. I conned Glenn into going to an Eastern Star party night with me on Wednesday since he was actually off work. Glenn's such a good guy--he let them change his hours for this semester because the day guy is going to school and needed morning hours Thursdays and Fridays--so for the forseeable future, he works 3-11 on Wed, 7-3 Thurs & Fri, and 3-11 on Saturday and Sunday. He switched with someone in need in Wed, that's why he was able to go to Eastern Star with me. As with so much now, I didn't want to go but was glad I made the effort. Now it is time to pack ans shop for the gluch, it being that time again. I'll be going by myself this year, but that's OK--I'll be sleeping, eating, or fiddling. So I'd better get to one or the other--or maybe packing.
xxooxx

No comments: