Wednesday, September 30, 2009

St. Jerome's Day

We're not really celebrating this charming man, but we always remember when his day is, because it is our anniversary. I remember that day 31 years ago so clearly, even though it was half my life ago. I got an e-mail from my BFF Roz first thing this morning and a call from my daughter, just thinking about me. And I'm weepy. I think we had a good marriage. It was full of strange turns and twists--certainly not things I'd planned. I remember so well being that scared girl ready to change her life forever. My dress was ivory and I was white. My mother was afraid that I was going to cut off the circulation in my Uncle Parker's arm, my grip was so tight. I'd been to so many weddings where you couldn't hear a word the bride and groom were saying, so I'd said to myself "You trained for the stage. Project!" So when Dr. Hogue paused in his questions, I said, loud and clear "I will," and I was too soon. It pretty much broke the tension.
I hope Lee is celebrating with me in heaven.
On to more prosaic matters. Today was ultrasound of the legs day. It was uncomfortable, but it is over. I don't think they will find anything, but it was just a rule out sort of thing, just covering the bases. I came home and took a percocet, since I'm still in pain, even though they can't figure out why. I might go to craft circle tonight, other than that, there's nothing on the schedule for today. Maybe I'll look at my wedding pictures and the wedding book, both of which are handy.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you both so much. I'm glad you have happy memories of a happy marriage!-Jennifer