Monday, October 19, 2009

The Best Day

It was a wonderful day. Kris got here just after 9:30 and we had time to catch up before it was off to radiation. That wasn't so best--they took the initial films before I had my first treatment. It was about 45 minutes of lying on a plank with my arms up above my head, not moving. That was a little rough. The rest of the treatments won't be quite as hard. When we got home, I had a message from Andrea at around 10:30 trying to connect with Roz. I called Andrea's cell and happily got Roz--they had connected at a BART station and were already in the city, turning on to my freeway. Oh, the anticipation then! They were at my house in no time at all. We fell on each other. There was 200 years of friendship here in my house. We just hung out--they brought lunch. We ate and chatted and shared pictures and significant life moments. Remember, the last time the four of us were together was August 13, 1966. We had LOTS of catching up to do.
So here they are, my BFF's, Roz, Kris, and Andrea .
We rearranged and took more pictures--here I am with various friends:
There was so much love in the room. We laughed until tears were running and we cried. We were silly junior high girls again and we were women who have all experienced much. Of course, the elephant in the room was the fact that I have a terminal illness. We didn't dwell on it, but we didn't avoid it either. It was, after all, the catalyst for getting us all together. I love a lot of people, but I don't think I love anyone more than these wonderful women. Andrea is flying back to Missouri in the morning, but Kris, Roz, and I have plans--after I'm radiated, of course.
Thank you, God, for this wonderful day and for these enduring friendships. I am truly blessed.
xxooxx

1 comment:

RRROZ said...

TIMELY TRYST

My dearest friends

Being with you again
It was great
It was wonderful

How can I describe it

It was sweeter than the cherry and chocolate just-for-company cake from that special bakery we love
Funnier than some else’s monkey
Cozier than warm socks on a winter’s night
More comforting than a purring cat

It was better than
Well it was
Just
Downright
Unquantifiable

I can’t wait until we meet again
Let’s not wait another four decades
OK

RRR©Z 2009