Saturday, October 10, 2009

Evening Sunshine

God puts special in your life. I had a visit this evening with my friend Mary--or Baby Mary as she was when I first met her. Her parents were friends of Lee's for a long time before he was married, I think before they were married and before any of them had any children. Mary came with the group that came into my life when I started seeing Lee seriously, the Gateswingers. I met Mary on her 10th birthday. Mary's birthday is July 4 and Lee and his children had gone to the July 4 party at Mary's parents home for years. Mary and I were kindred spirits at sight. Both of our birthdays are in July. We each have older sisters so we knew that younger sisters rule. Mary was at our wedding. Mary and her family came to Jones Gulch while the girls were growing up. Mary and I hung out at the Gulch. In her late teens, Mary started working at Macy's in Hillsdale--in the Fat Lady department--so I bought my clothes from Mary for a few years, till she really grew up and moved to Sacramento. I missed Mary's wedding because I had another commitment, but I would much rather have been at Mary's wedding than where I was.

Anyway, Mary spent the day with her parents today, and stopped by for a visit on her way back to Sacramento. That was my ray of sunshine today. Mary brought tea and treats and joy. She also brought me a glass pumpkin--see picture. I took Mary's picture too--she's much prettier than I am, but I promised I wouldn't put it on Facebook, so it will just be shared with Glenn and Elaine who grew up with her. I think Mary's sister is about Glenn's age and Mary is just a few months younger than Elaine. We had a lovely visit. We had years to make up and many hugs to exchange. I had a wonderful time--I hope Mary did too. I didn't feel loopy, I wasn't in pain. Tea and treats are a perfect way to spend an evening. So thank you, God, for putting Mary into my life. She was a delightful child and has grown up to be a lovely woman. Come to think of it, God sends many wonderful people my direction. I am blessed.
xxooxx

No comments: