Friday, October 9, 2009

It's still Friday for a few more minutes

I've been getting used to the higher level of pain meds this week, so things have sort of blended. Wednesday's highlight was craft circle at church. We still need to encourage more people to come. It is a very enjoyable way to spend an hour.
Thursday I took benedryl with the pain meds in the morning, because the pain meds can make me itchy and they were. Not a problem. I went back to sleep till 12:35. So much for the morning. My good friend came over in the afternoon and we chatted and had tea. She has taken it upon herself to help me stay hydrated, so when she comes over, we always have tea. Right now we're drinking Vanilla Pomegranate. It's really good.
Because I was still pretty loopy, I asked Dory for a ride to chapter last night. I feel OK driving in the daylight, but night time is still a little scary. Chapter was interesting. It was also Elections. I managed to get myself elected Associate Matron. My friend Mike Mancusso will serve as my Associate Patron. I think Mike and I will have a good time in 2011.
I've been a little less loopy today. I had a follow up with the cardiologist in the afternoon. He assured me that my heart is doing well. I've made some progress on the fluid retention. He asked me if I was keeping my legs up. Uh, not really. It is hard to play Facebook with my feet up. He suggested I figure out a way, because elevation will help. I now have a box under my desk and I'm trying to keep my feet up on it. I think it will work. Keeping them elevated at Grand Chapter will be another issue. It will look really tacky if I drape my legs over the seat in front of me. I guess I'll cross that bridge when it hatches. At least I won't be sitting on ice this year.
I must have gotten all my weeping for the week out on Monday--the remainder of the week has been pretty dry. I know that weeping when you need to is OK, but it can be exhausting. Nothing has really changed--except I don't hurt as much--maybe that has been a big change.
I've been checking up on Gloriann all week and she is doing well. The surgery took more out of her than she expected. While I do remind her that she isn't 18 any more, I also let her know that she is on track and it is all right for her to feel like she's been hit by a truck. She had surgery.
That's it for now. oops--I just slopped over into Saturday. Better get to bed.
xxooxx

No comments: